1. PO Katz et al. Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of gastroesophageal reflux disease. Am J Gastroenterol 2013; 108:308.
2. U Dutta and P Moayyedi. Management of reflux-related symptoms. Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 2013; 27:387.
3. Inhibitors and inducers of CYP enzymes and P-glycoprotein. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2013; 55:e44.
4. A Niklasson et al. Dyspeptic symptom development after discontinuation of a proton pump inhibitor: a double-blind placebo-controlled trial. Am J Gastroenterol 2010; 105:1531.
5. C Reimer. Safety of long-term PPI therapy. Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 2013; 27:443.
6. PPIs and fracture risk. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2013; 55:15.
7. In brief: PPIs and hypomagnesemia. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2011; 53:25.
8. CP Luk et al. Proton pump inhibitor-associated hypomagnesemia: what do FDA data tell us. Ann Pharmacother 2013; 47:773.
9. JR Lam et al. Proton pump inhibitor and histamine 2 receptor antagonist use and vitamin B12 deficiency. JAMA 2013; 310:2435.
10. LB Gerson. Proton pump inhibitors and potential interactions with clopidogrel: an update. Curr Gastroenterol Rep 2013; 15:329.
11. In brief: Clopidogrel and omeprazole. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2010; 52:93.
12. MD Drepper et al. Clopidogrel and proton pump inhibitors – where do we stand in 2012? World J Gastroenterol 2012; 18:2161.
13. L Laine and DM Jensen. Management of patients with ulcer bleeding. Am J Gastroenterol 2012; 107:345.
14. RJ Saad and WD Chey. Breath tests for gastrointestinal disease: the real deal or just a lot of hot air? Gastroenterology 2007; 133:1763.
15. A O’Connor et al. Treatment of Helicobacter pylori infection 2013. Helicobacter 2013; 18 suppl 1:58.
16. DY Graham et al. Rational Helicobacter pylori therapy: evidence-based medicine rather than medicine-based evidence. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 2014; 12:177.
17. KE McColl. Clinical practice. Helicobacter pylori infection. N Engl J Med 2010; 362:1597.
18. E Rimbara et al. Optimal therapy for Helicobacter pylori infections. Nat Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol 2011; 8:79.
19. DC Wu et al. Sequential and concomitant therapy with four drugs is equally effective for eradication of H pylori infection. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 2010; 8:36.
20. AG McNicholl et al. Randomised clinical trial comparing sequential and concomitant therapies for Helicobacter pylori eradication in routine clinical practice. Gut 2014; 63:244.
21. NJ Shaheen et al. Upper endoscopy for gastroesophageal reflux disease: best practice advice from the clinical guidelines committee of the American College of Physicians. Ann Intern Med 2012; 157:808.
22. BC Jacobson et al. Body-mass index and symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux in women. N Engl J Med 2006; 354:2340.
23. KR DeVault et al. Updated guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease. Am J Gastroenterol 2005; 100:190.
24. JE Richter. Review article: the management of heartburn in pregnancy. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2005; 22:749.
25. CJ van der Woude et al. Management of gastrointestinal and liver diseases during pregnancy. Gut 2014 January 15 (epub).
26. SK Gill et al. The safety of proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) in pregnancy: a meta-analysis. Am J Gastroenterol 2009; 104:1541.
27. B Pasternak and A Hviid. Use of proton-pump inhibitors in early pregnancy and the risk of birth defects. N Engl J Med 2010; 363:2114.
28. R Tutuian. Obesity and GERD: pathophysiology and effect of bariatric surgery. Curr Gastroenterol Rep 2011; 13:205.
29. JP Galmiche et al. Laparoscopic antireflux surgery vs esomeprazole treatment for chronic GERD: the LOTUS randomized clinical trial. JAMA 2011; 305:1969.
30. A Lødrup et al. Use of proton pump inhibitors after antireflux surgery: a nationwide register-based follow-up study. Gut 2014 January 28 (epub).
31. JE Pandolfino and K Krishnan. Do endoscopic antireflux procedures fit in the current treatment paradigm of gastroesophageal reflux disease? Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 2013 January 28 (epub).