|Subscribers: Log in to read full article. Not a subscriber? Subscribe or purchase article.|
1. CM Morin and R Benca. Chronic insomnia. Lancet 2012; 379:1129.
2. Low-dose sublingual zolpidem (Intermezzo) for insomnia due to middle-of-the-night awakening. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2012; 54:25.
3. DF Kripke et al. Hypnotics’ association with mortality or cancer: a matched cohort study. BMJ Open 2012; 2:e000850.
4. MJ Rapoport et al. Benzodiazepine use and driving: a meta-analysis. J Clin Psychiatry 2009; 70:663.
5. T Saias and T Garlarda. Paradoxical aggressive reactions to benzodiazepine use: a review. Encephale 2008; 34:330.
6. A Pariente et al. Benzodiazepines and injurious falls in community dwelling elders. Drugs Aging 2008; 25:61.
7. CYP3A and drug interactions. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2005; 47:54.
8. Ramelteon (Rozerem) for insomnia. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2005; 47:89.
9. M Erman et al. An efficacy, safety, and dose-response study of Ramelteon in patients with chronic primary insomnia. Sleep Med 2006; 7:17.
10. Low-dose doxepin (Silenor) for insomnia. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2010; 52:79.
11. T Roth et al. Efficacy and safety of doxepin 6 mg in a model of transient insomnia. Sleep Med 2010; 11:843.
12. AD Krystal et al. Efficacy and safety of doxepin 3 and 6 mg in a 35-day sleep laboratory trial in adults with chronic primary insomnia. Sleep 2011; 34:1433.
13. MH Wiegand. Antidepressants for the treatment of insomnia: a suitable approach? Drugs 2008; 68:2411.
14. WB Mendelson. A review of the evidence for the efficacy and safety of trazodone in insomnia. J Clin Psychiatry 2005; 66:469.
15. HS Lo et al. Treatment effects of gabapentin for primary insomnia. Clin Neuropharmacol 2010; 33:84.
16. C Fox et al. Anticholinergic medication use and cognitive impairment in the older population: the medical research council cognitive function and ageing study. J Am Geriatr Soc 2011; 59:1477.
17. LC Lack and HR Wright. Clinical management of delayed sleep phase disorder. Behav Sleep Med 2007; 5:57.
18. JJ Baskett et al. Does melatonin improve sleep in older people? A randomised crossover trial. Age Ageing 2003; 32:164.
19. AG Wade et al. Nightly treatment of primary insomnia with prolonged release melatonin for 6 months: a randomized placebo controlled trial on age and endogenous melatonin as predictors of efficacy and safety. BMC Medicine 2010; 8:51.
20. S Bent et al. Valerian for sleep: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Am J Med 2006; 119:1005.
21. DM Taibi et al. A systematic review of valerian as a sleep aid: safe but not effective. Sleep Med Rev 2007; 11:209.
22. J Sarris and GJ Byrne. A systematic review of insomnia and complementary medicine. Sleep Med Rev 2011; 15:99.