The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics
Drugs for Psoriasis
June 8, 2015 (Issue: 1470)
- MB Hoffman et al. Psoriasis during pregnancy: characteristics and important management recommendations. Expert Rev Clin Immunol 2015; 11:709.
- Calcipotriene for psoriasis. Med Lett Drugs Ther 1994; 36:70.
- A betamethasone-calcipotriene combination for psoriasis. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2006; 48:55.
- Calcitriol (Vectical) for mild to moderate plaque psoriasis. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2009; 51:70.
- W Abramovits. Calcitriol 3 microg/g ointment: an effective and safe addition to the armamentarium in topical psoriasis therapy. J Drugs Dermatol 2009; 8(8 Suppl):s17.
- Two new retinoids for psoriasis. Med Lett Drugs Ther 1997; 39:105.
- A Menter et al. Guidelines of care for the management of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. Section 3. Guidelines of care for the management and treatment of psoriasis with topical therapies. J Am Acad Dermatol 2009; 60:643.
- X Chen et al. Narrow-band ultraviolet B phototherapy versus broadband ultraviolet B or psoralen-ultraviolet A photochemotherapy for psoriasis. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2013; 10:CD009481.
- MB Totonchy and MW Chiu. UV-based therapy. Dermatol Clin 2014; 32:399.
- S Lee et al. Biologic and nonbiologic systemic agents and phototherapy for treatment of chronic plaque psoriasis [Internet]. AHRQ Comparative Effectiveness Reviews 2012 Nov. Report No.12(13)-EHC144-EF.
- J Schmitt et al. Efficacy and safety of systemic treatments for moderate-to-severe psoriasis: meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Br J Dermatol 2014; 170:274.
- VM Heydendael et al. Methotrexate versus cyclosporine in moderate-to-severe chronic plaque psoriasis. N Engl J Med 2003; 349:658.
- I Flyström et al. Methotrexate vs. ciclosporin in psoriasis: effectiveness, quality of life and safety. A randomized controlled trial. Br J Dermatol 2008; 158;116.
- JC Cather and JJ Crowley. Use of biologic agents in combination with other therapies for the treatment of psoriasis. Am J Clin Dermatol 2014; 15:467.
- P Sator et al. Adalimumab in the treatment of moderate-to-severe chronic plaque psoriasis in patients switching from other biologics. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 2015 February 9 (epub).
- IH Kim et al. Comparative efficacy of biologics in psoriasis: a review. Am J Clin Dermatol 2012; 13:365.
- RE Kalb et al. Risk of serious infection with biologic and systemic treatment of psoriasis: results from the psoriasis longitudinal assessment and regiatryy (PSOLAR). JAMA Dermatol 2015 May 13 (epub).
- AL Semble et al. Safety and tolerability of tumor necrosis factor-α inhibitors in psoriasis: a narrative review. Am J Clin Dermatol 2014; 15:37.
- L Hsu et al. Antidrug antibodies in psoriasis: a systematic review. Br J Dermatol 2014; 170:261.
- Ustekinumab (Stelara) for psoriasis. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2010; 52:7.
- KA Papp et al. Efficacy and safety of ustekinumab, a human interleukin-12/23 monoclonal antibody, in patients with psoriasis: 52-week results from a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial (PHOENIX 2). Lancet 2008; 371:1675.
- CE Griffiths et al. Comparison of ustekinumab and etanercept for moderate-to-severe psoriasis. N Engl J Med 2010; 362:118.
- C Paul et al. Transition to ustekinumab in patients with moderate-to-severe psoriasis and inadequate response to methotrexate: a randomized clinical trial (TRANSIT). Br J Dermatol 2014; 170:425.
- Secukinumab (Cosentyx) for psoriasis. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2015; 57:45.
- A Blauvelt et al. Secukinumab administration by pre-filled syringe: efficacy, safety and usability results from a randomized controlled trial in psoriasis (FEATURE). Br J Dermatol 2015; 172:484.
- C Paul et al. Efficacy, safety and usability of secukinumab administration by autoinjector/pen in psoriasis: a randomized, controlled trial (JUNCTURE). J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 2015; 29:1082.
- RG Langley et al. Secukinumab in plaque psoriasis – results of two phase 3 trials. N Engl J Med 2014; 371:326.
- D Thaci et al. Secukinumab is superior to ustekinumab in clearing skin of subjects with moderate to severe plaque psoriasis: 16 week results from the CLEAR study. Presented at American Academy of Dermatology 73rd Annual Meeting. San Francisco, CA, March 20, 2015.
- Tofacitinib (Xeljanz) for rheumatoid arthritis. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2013; 55:1.
- A Chiricozzi et al. Tofacitinib for the treatment of moderate-to-severe psoriasis. Expert Rev Clin Immunol 2015; 11:443.
The Medical Letter is a subscriber-funded nonprofit organization that publishes critical appraisals of new prescription drugs and comparative reviews of drugs for common diseases.