The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics
A New Abuse-Deterrent Opioid - Xtampza ER
June 20, 2016 (Issue: 1497)The FDA has approved Xtampza ER (Collegium), a new extended-release, abuse-deterrent capsule formulation of oxycodone, for management of pain severe enough to require daily, around-the-clock, long-term opioid treatment and for which...more
- Abuse-deterrent opioid formulations. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2015; 57:119.
- J Gudin et al. Comparing the effect of tampering on the oral pharmacokinetic profiles of two extended-release oxycodone formulations with abuse-deterrent properties. Pain Med 2015; 16:2142.
- LR Webster et al. A randomized, double-blind, double-dummy study to evaluate the intranasal human abuse potential and pharmacokinetics of a novel extended-release abuse-deterrent formulation of oxycodone. Pain Med 2016; 17:1112.
- N Katz et al. A phase 3, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, safety, tolerability, and efficacy study of Xtampza ER in patients with moderate-to-severe chronic low back pain. Pain 2015; 156:2458.
- Inhibitors and inducers of CYP enzymes and P-glycoprotein. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2016; 58:e46.
The Medical Letter is a subscriber-funded nonprofit organization that publishes critical appraisals of new prescription drugs and comparative reviews of drugs for common diseases.