The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics
Firvanq - Vancomycin Oral Solution
July 16, 2018 (Issue: 1551)The FDA has approved vancomycin oral solution (Firvanq – Cutis Pharma) for treatment of Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea and enterocolitis caused by Staphylococcus aureus, including methicillin-resistant strains...more
- SN Bass et al. Comparison of oral vancomycin capsule and solution for treatment of initial episode of severe Clostridium difficile Infection. J Pharm Pract 2015; 28:183.
- LC McDonald et al. Clinical practice guidelines for Clostridium difficile infection in adults and children: 2017 update by the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) and Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA). Clin Infect Dis 2018; 66:987.
- M Bergevin et al. Severe MRSA enterocolitis caused by a strain harboring enterotoxins D, G, and I. Emerg Infect Dis 2017; 23:865.
- A Kalakonda et al. A rare case of infectious colitis. Gastroenterol Rep (Oxf) 2016; 4:328.
- NN Pettit et al. Risk factors for systemic vancomycin exposure following administration of oral vancomycin for the treatment of Clostridium difficile infection. Pharmacotherapy 2015; 32:119.
The Medical Letter is a subscriber-funded nonprofit organization that publishes critical appraisals of new prescription drugs and comparative reviews of drugs for common diseases.