The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics
Triumeq: A 3-Drug Combination for HIV
January 5, 2015 (Issue: 1459)The FDA has approved Triumeq (Viiv Healthcare), a fixed-dose combination of the integrase strand transfer inhibitor (INSTI) dolutegravir and the nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs) abacavir and lamivudine, for once-daily treatment...more
- Dolutegravir (Tivicay) for HIV. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2013; 55:77.
- Drugs for HIV infection. Treat Guidel Med Lett 2014; 12:7.
- Panel on Antiretroviral Guidelines for Adults and Adolescents. Guidelines for the use of antiretroviral agents in HIV-1-infected adults and adolescents. Department of Health and Human Services. November 13, 2014. Available at http://aidsinfo.nih.gov. Accessed December 18, 2014.
- SL Walmsley et al. Dolutegravir plus abacavir-lamivudine for the treatment of HIV-1 infection. N Engl J Med 2013; 369:1807.
- S Walmsley et al. Dolutegravir regimen statistically superior to efavirenz/tenofovir/emtricitabine: 96-week results from the SINGLE study (ING114467). 21st Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections; Boston, MA; March 3-6, 2014. Abstract 543. Available at www.croiconference.org. Accessed December 18, 2014.
- Inhibitors and inducers of CYP enzymes and P-glycoprotein. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2013; 55:e44.
The Medical Letter is a subscriber-funded nonprofit organization that publishes critical appraisals of new prescription drugs and comparative reviews of drugs for common diseases.