The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics
June 5, 2017
|Subscribers: Log in to read full article. Not a subscriber? Subscribe or purchase article.|
June 5, 2017 (Issue: 1522)Development of abuse-deterrent opioid products, including reformulation of existing products, has become a priority for drug manufacturers and public health advocates. Since our last article on this subject, several new abuse-deterrent...more
- Abuse-deterrent opioid formulations. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2015; 57:119.
- A new abuse-deterrent opioid – Xtampza ER. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2016; 58:77.
- Arymo ER – a new abuse-deterrent morphine formulation. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2017; 59:68.
- An abuse-deterrent IR oxycodone formulation (Roxybond). Med Lett Drugs Ther 2017; 59 (in press).
- FDA. Abuse-deterrent opioids – evaluation and labeling: guidance for industry. April 2015. Available at: www.fda.gov. Accessed May 25, 2017.
- L Degenhardt et al. The introduction of a potentially abuse deterrent oxycodone formulation: early findings from the Australian National Opioid Medications Abuse Deterrence (NOMAD) study. Drug Alcohol Depend 2015; 151:56.
- PM Coplan et al. Changes in oxycodone and heroin exposures in the National Poison Data System after introduction of extended-release oxycodone with abuse-deterrent characteristics. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 2013; 22:1274.
- TJ Cicero et al. Effect of abuse-deterrent formulation of OxyContin. N Engl J Med 2012; 367:187.
- TA Cassidy et al. Changes in prevalence of prescription opioid abuse after introduction of an abuse-deterrent opioid formulation. Pain Med 2014; 15:440.
- MR Larochelle et al. Rates of opioid dispensing and overdose after introduction of abuse-deterrent extended-release oxycodone and withdrawal of propoxyphene. JAMA Intern Med 2015; 175:978.
- CS Hwang et al. Impact of abuse-deterrent OxyContin on prescription opioid utilization. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 2015; 24:197.
- PM Coplan et al. The effect of an abuse-deterrent opioid formulation (OxyContin) on opioid abuse-related outcomes in the postmarketing setting. Clin Pharmacol Ther 2016; 100:275.
The Medical Letter is a subscriber-funded nonprofit organization that publishes critical appraisals of new prescription drugs and comparative reviews of drugs for common diseases.