The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics
Risankizumab (Skyrizi) for Psoriasis
June 3, 2019 (Issue: 1573)The FDA has approved the interleukin (IL)-23 antagonist risankizumab-rzaa (Skyrizi – Abbvie) for treatment of moderate to severe plaque psoriasis in adults. Risankizumab is the third IL-23 antagonist to be approved for this indication;...more
- Tildrakizumab (Ilumya) – another IL-23 antagonist for psoriasis. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2019; 61:4.
- Guselkumab (Tremfya) for psoriasis. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2017; 59:179.
- Drugs for psoriasis. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2015; 57:81.
- E Sbidian et al. Systemic pharmacological treatments for chronic plaque psoriasis: a network meta-analysis. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2017; 12:CD011535.
- A Menter et al. Joint AAD-NPF guidelines of care for the management and treatment of psoriasis with biologics. J Am Acad Dermatol 2019; 80:1029.
- IM Haugh et al. Rizankizumab: an anti-IL-23 antibody for the treatment of psoriasis. Drug Des Devel Ther 2018; 12:3879.
- KB Gordon et al. Efficacy and safety of risankizumab in moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis (UltIMMa-1 and UltIMMa-2): results from two double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled and ustekinumab-controlled phase 3 trials. Lancet 2018; 392:650.
- K Reich et al. Efficacy and safety of continuous risankizumab or switching from adalimumab to risankizumab treatment in patients with moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis: results from the phase 3 IMMvent trial. American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting, Washington, DC, March 1-5, 2019. Poster 10218.
The Medical Letter is a subscriber-funded nonprofit organization that publishes critical appraisals of new prescription drugs and comparative reviews of drugs for common diseases.