The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics
- Byvalson - A Beta Blocker/ARB Combination for Hypertension
- Daclizumab (Zinbryta) for Multiple Sclerosis
- In Brief: Defibrotide (Defitelio) for Hepatic Veno-Occlusive Disease
- In Brief: Repatha Pushtronex - A New Evolocumab Injection Device
- In Brief: Epinephrine Auto-Injectors for Anaphylaxis (online only)
Byvalson - A Beta Blocker/ARB Combination for Hypertension
September 12, 2016 (Issue: 1503)The FDA has approved Byvalson (Allergan), a fixed-dose combination of the beta blocker nebivolol (Bystolic) and the angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB) valsartan (Diovan, and generics), for treatment of hypertension. It is the only combination...more
- Drugs for hypertension. Treat Guidel Med Lett 2014; 12:31.
- TD Giles et al. Efficacy and safety of nebivolol and valsartan as fixed-dose combination in hypertension: a randomised, multicentre study. Lancet 2014; 383:1889.
- J Fongemie and E Felix-Getzik. A review of nebivolol pharmacology and clinical evidence. Drugs 2015; 75:1349.
- Inhibitors and inducers of CYP enzymes and P-glycoprotein. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2016. Available at: http://secure.medical letter.org/downloads/CYP_PGP_Tables.pdf. Accessed September 1, 2016.
The Medical Letter is a subscriber-funded nonprofit organization that publishes critical appraisals of new prescription drugs and comparative reviews of drugs for common diseases.