The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics
Insulin Degludec/Liraglutide (Xultophy 100/3.6) for Type 2 Diabetes
September 11, 2017 (Issue: 1529)The FDA has approved Xultophy 100/3.6 (Novo Nordisk), a fixed-ratio combination of insulin degludec and the GLP-1 (glucagon-like peptide-1) receptor agonist liraglutide, for once-daily treatment of adults with type 2 diabetes inadequately...more
- Lixisenatide for type 2 diabetes. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2017; 59:19.
- Drugs for type 2 diabetes. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2017; 59:9.
- SP Marso et al. Liraglutide and cardiovascular outcomes in type 2 diabetes. N Engl J Med 2016; 375:311.
- JFE Mann et al. Liraglutide and renal outcomes in type 2 diabetes. N Engl J Med 2017; 377:839.
- SC Gough et al. Efficacy and safety of a fixed-ratio combination of insulin degludec and liraglutide (IDegLira) compared with its components given alone: results of a phase 3, open-label, randomised, 26-week, treat-to-target trial in insulin-naive patients with type 2 diabetes. Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol 2014; 2:885.
- JB Buse et al. Contribution of liraglutide in the fixed-ratio combination of insulin degludec and liraglutide (IDegLira). Diabetes Care 2014; 37:2926.
- S Linjawi et al. The efficacy of IDegLira (insulin degludec/liraglutide combination) in adults with type 2 diabetes inadequately controlled with a GLP-1 receptor agonist and oral therapy: DUAL III randomized clinical trial. Diabetes Ther 2017; 8:101.
The Medical Letter is a subscriber-funded nonprofit organization that publishes critical appraisals of new prescription drugs and comparative reviews of drugs for common diseases.