The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics
Tezepelumab (Tezspire) for Severe Asthma
February 21, 2022 (Issue: 1644)Tezepelumab-ekko (Tezspire – AstraZeneca/Amgen), a subcutaneously administered thymic stromal lymphopoietin (TSLP) blocker, has been approved by the FDA for add-on maintenance treatment of severe asthma in patients ≥12 years old. It is the...more
- Drugs for asthma. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2020; 62:193.
- J Corren et al. Tezepelumab in adults with uncontrolled asthma. N Engl J Med 2017; 377:936.
- A Menzies-Gow et al. Tezepelumab in adults and adolescents with severe, uncontrolled asthma. N Engl J Med 2021; 384:1800.
- ME Wechsler et al. SOURCE: a phase 3, multicentre, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel group trial to evaluate the efficacy and safety of tezepelumab in reducing oral corticosteroid use in adults with oral corticosteroid dependent asthma. Respir Res 2020; 21:264.
- Approximate WAC. WAC = wholesaler acquisition cost or manufacturer's published price to wholesalers; WAC represents a published catalogue or list price and may not represent an actual transactional price. Source: AnalySource® Monthly. January 5, 2022. Reprinted with permission by First Databank, Inc. All rights reserved. ©2021. www.fdbhealth.com/drug-pricing-policy.
The Medical Letter is a subscriber-funded nonprofit organization that publishes critical appraisals of new prescription drugs and comparative reviews of drugs for common diseases.