The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics
December 19, 2016
Subscribers: Log in to read full issue. Not a subscriber? Subscribe or purchase issue.
Celecoxib Safety Revisited
December 19, 2016 (Issue: 1510)The results of a clinical trial (PRECISION) comparing the cardiovascular safety of the COX-2 selective NSAID celecoxib (Celebrex, and generics) with that of ibuprofen and naproxen, which are nonselective, have been described in the lay press in...more
- SE Nissen et al. Cardiovascular safety of celecoxib, naproxen, or ibuprofen for arthritis. N Engl J Med 2016 Nov 13 (epub).
- JM Wright. The double-edged sword of COX-2 selective NSAIDs. CMAJ 2002; 167:1131.
- SD Solomon et al. Cardiovascular risk associated with celecoxib in a clinical trial for colorectal adenoma prevention. N Engl J Med 2005; 352:1071.
- MA Perazella. COX-2 selective inhibitors: analysis of the renal effects. Expert Opin Drug Saf 2002; 1:53.
- GA FitzGerald. ImPRECISION: Limitations to interpretation of a large randomized clinical trial. Circulation 2016 Nov 13 (epub).
The Medical Letter is a subscriber-funded nonprofit organization that publishes critical appraisals of new prescription drugs and comparative reviews of drugs for common diseases.