The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics
November 30, 2020
Subscribers: Log in to read full issue. Not a subscriber? Subscribe or purchase issue.
An EUA for Bamlanivimab - A Monoclonal Antibody for COVID-19
November 30, 2020 (Issue: 1612)The investigational neutralizing IgG1 monoclonal antibody bamlanivimab (LY-CoV555; Lilly) has been granted an FDA Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for treatment of recently diagnosed mild to moderate COVID-19 in patients who are ≥12 years...more
- FDA News Release. Coronavirus (COVID-19) update: FDA authorizes monoclonal antibody for treatment of COVID-19. November 9, 2020. Available at: https://bit.ly/2HesBBs. Accessed November 13, 2020.
- P Chen et al. SARS-CoV-2 neutralizing antibody LY-CoV555 in outpatients with Covid-19. N Engl J Med 2020 October 28 (epub).
- News Release. National Institutes of Health (NIH). Statement — NIH-sponsored ACTIV-3 trial closes LY-CoV555 sub-study. October 26, 2020. Available at: https://bit.ly/3kM2ZK0. Accessed November 19, 2020.
- FDA. Fact sheet for health care providers. Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) of bamlanivimab. Available at: https://bit.ly/391XqUH. Accessed March 22, 2021.
- FDA. Fact sheet for health care providers. Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) of bamlanivimab and etesevimab. Available at: https://bit.ly/3qfS6DN. Accessed March 22, 2021.
The Medical Letter is a subscriber-funded nonprofit organization that publishes critical appraisals of new prescription drugs and comparative reviews of drugs for common diseases.